A simple tutorial on how to prepare a fabric pumpkin! The whole project will not take you more than 10 minutes, meanwhile, the effect is so pretty!
This project gives you plenty of possibilities to match this decoration to your interior. You can use a classic pumpkin orange, but you can also go to minimalism and use a white fabric. It’s also worth to go crazy and choose a patterned material – for example, a pumpkin made of dotted fabric will look insanely! As you can see in the photos, I have chosen the fabric in a shade of dirty pink, but I’m also thinking about creating a gray version in the future – these two colors would look amazingly together!
What we will need:
- Igła z nitką w kolorze materiału
- Kawałki gałęzi
- Wypełnienie, ja używam wypełnienia z tanich poduszek
- Klej na gorąco
Step by step:
1. Cut a circle from the material. I like the simple method in which we fold the square so many times that it forms a cone, and then we cut it out like in the picture 🙂
2. It doesn’t have to be perfect, we will wrap its edges inside 🙂
3. Bast the circle around, about 0.5 cm from the edges.
4. When the whole circle is sewn, pull off each end of the thread to create a purse. Fill it with filling.
5. Tightly tie the two ends of the thread.
6. Sew the overlapping ends of the material to make them less visible, but remember to leave a small hole for the sticks.
7. My pumpkins are quite small, so the twigs used in this project are also, so I sharpen it with a sharpener to make it easier to attach to pumpkin.
8. I stick the stick to the pumpkin, I do not use glue, because the hole on the stick is quite tight and it stays perfectly in place.
9. We can finish the process of creating our pumpkin at the eighth stage, but we can go further.
10. Starting from the tip of pumpkin, sew a thread and then wrap it around a pumpkin to divide it into 8 parts. The easiest way is to divide the pumpkin into 4, then 8 pieces. Finally we need to sew the thread up again.
Now, all we have to do is to attach a stick, I also glued hot leaves with brown eco-leather with hot glue.
PIN IT FOR LATER